Sunday, September 19, 2010

High Island and Bolivar

I have been wanting to go to High Island for a while now. It is one of the premier sites in the US to see migratory birds, especially hawks in the fall and warblers in the spring. So when I knew I was going to be in the Houston area, I couldn't help a side trip. I didn't see any interesting birds there, I think I was a couple weeks too early for the big fall migration, but it was nice to look around, and I will definitely be going back in the spring.


Seen from the ferry between Galveston and Bolivar.







3 comments:

  1. the ferry is fun. you rode it for the first time when you were 2.
    rem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you still read this thing! I've only had three visitors in the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you tag the posts, you get more traffic.

    ReplyDelete